If you are using Libsyn for your media host, they have an app that will allow visitors to your Facebook page view and play your podcast episodes. If you’re not using Libsyn, seriously consider it! And to give you an incentive, use the promo code “brain” when checking out and you’ll get the rest of this month, and the entire next month free!
Anyway, here’s what your Facebook page will look like after you do this:
Pretty cool huh? Libsyn has some outdated instructions on their website here, but below I’ve outlined the quick and easy steps:
1. Log into Facebook as yourself, not as your page
2. Click this Libsyn link to be taken to their app’s Facebook page
3. Click on the three dots to the right, and select Add App to Page
4. Select the Facebook page you want to add from the next screen. If you don’t see your page listed, you are probably not logged in as yourself or you are not the owner of that page
5. Go back to your Facebook page and you will see in your tabs a Libsyn Podcast App. If you don’t see it in your tabs, select the More tab and search for it there. You can also select Manage Tabs under the More tab to move it like I did in the screenshot at the beginning of this article
6. To change the name of that tab, on your Facebook page, click on Settings… Apps, then under Libsyn, click on Edit Settings
7. Now open the newly named podcast tab, and select Edit Page Tab Settings. This is where you’ll search for your podcast
That’s it! Now fans can come to your Facebook page and listen to all of your episodes. It may not help you rank any higher in iTunes directly, but people who don’t use iTunes will now be able to listen to your show.