Q: What are the criteria for a podcast to be considered “high caliber”?
A: Follow this criteria:
- A consistent release schedule
- An attractive graphic or thumbnail (for display on websites or iTunes)
- Minimal or no background hiss or hum*
- No or nearly unnoticeable echo in voice as if being recorded in a large room*
- Music or sound of high quality*
- Music, or other sounds used in a unique and engaging way
*Unless specifically intended as part of a sketch, scene, transition, or other reasonable uses.
If you believe you have a podcast that fits the criteria above, let me know! I’d be interested in hearing about it. And, if it passes the qualifications, I’ll place it on this site in a list of recommended podcasts.
Q: I’ve watched your videos, but prefer coaching. Do you offer coaching?
A: Yes. I can help you make your podcast sound professional and share with you the flow of a good show. We would discuss your goals with your podcast, along with what it takes to bring your show to a higher caliber production. My rates are currently $120 per hour, paid through paypal.
Listen to any episode of The Overwhelmed Brain, or any of the samples on this site, to determine if you’d like to take your show up a few notches to create more of an experience than a show.