But podcasting itself? Unless you’re hired by a company to be a podcaster, you’ll probably be doing it for free.
As your podcast grows however, you become more credible and people will want to connect with you in other ways. They may even want you to offer a product so they can get more of what you teach. You’ll have more opportunities to make more intimate connections and quite possibly provide those same people with something they really need.
One of the most prolific and well-known podcasters is John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire. He decided to create a mastermind and educational thinktank for podcasters called Podcasters’ Paradise where he offers a multitude of trainings to help podcasters create, grow and monetize their podcasts.
He was doing okay selling this product/service by talking about it on his podcast but when he decided to do weekly webinars answers questions about it and showing the viewers what the mastermind offered, he, quite literally, made millions of dollars. Doing the webinars helped him to be more present and more interactive with his audience.
He was successful because of the way webinars are set up. With the ability to view the presenter and the presentation, and interact and ask questions, the viewer gets drawn in, creating an intimate engagement with the host, along with generating more trust, and a general likability.
Combine those components with a product or service offering, and you have a great combination to help you generate many leads and sales.
After a year of using the platform, I finally decided to join their affiliate program because I pushed it so much. I figured I might as well get paid to promote it (and have yet to find anything better).
So here’s my pitch…
What I like most about Webinar Ninja:
- Setup is simple. You can literally create a new webinar in 10 seconds (you’ll probably use it a couple times before you get to that point, but you will)
- Choose the webinar type, enter the title, date and time, choose Free or Paid (using the Stripe payment processing platform), click Create Webinar and you’re done!
- Optimized to be highly findable in their own webinar search tool: The Webinar Finder and Google too
- The last-minute signups are the most fun when you find out they found your webinar through an internet search
- Upload slides and docs right into WebinarNinja
- SO much easier than fumbling through your slides or trying to get your docs in place while live
- Has all the different webinar types built in
- Live, automated, hybrid, series, and even highly lucrative virtual summits (those are massive lead generators as well). All of these features do not cost extra
- Single click entry for returning attendees
- Built-in landing pages
- Fast support for host and attendees
- Picture in picture, screen share, split-screen or full on the fly
- Easily block the trolls
- HD quality audio and video, with zero delay
- Mobile friendly
- Automatic email reminders for registrants
- Live polls
- Offer widgets that present an offer to attendees directly within the webinar
- Separate area for attendee questions (outside of normal chat)
- Instant invite of co-host
- Integrates with CRM or email software
- Integrated social buttons (so registrants can share webinar when they register)
- And more features and integrations than any other webinar platform I’ve seen (and they’re always making it better)
Here are a couple things I don’t like about WebinarNinja (but they are not deal-breakers to me):
- No phone-in option. Imagine the possibilities!
- No separate break-out rooms for attendees (may not be needed, but nice to have!)
- That’s all I can think of for now. Comment if you have another gripe or know of a missing feature
They have four pricing plans that allow for free trials so you can check any of them out without paying a cent.
Webinars are an amazing way to generate email subscribers and create leads and sales. I and the people I know that use them often do very well. Feel free to comment if you have any questions about the platform.
Check out their video for the WebinarNinja 3-minute tour. There’s nothing like it. I’m a customer for life.
2020 UPDATE: Webinar Ninja just created an epic and highly informative blog article called 8 Webinars That Convert: A Complete Playbook. If you’ve been trying to do the webinar thing and haven’t gotten the conversions you want, check it out.