At a recent Worldwide Developer’s Conference, Apple talked about podcasting and their new Podcast Analytics feature that should be released later this year.
They shared some interesting facts about podcasting:
- There are over 400,000 podcasts in iTunes with 1000 being added each week
- In 2016, they served up to 10 billion episode downloads and streaming plays across iOS, macOS and tvOS, up from 8 billion in 2015
- They’re on track for 20% growth
- iOS11 adds support for seasons
- They will strip HTML, CDATA, and RTF in existing “Summary” tags because they will now appear in several places
Apple also discussed their new feature, something podcasters have been hoping to see in their lifetime: [Read more…] about Apple Podcast Analytics Will Finally Reveal Data Podcasters Want to Know