Struggling to get a lot of listeners for your podcast? Here’s my formula:
1. Get a tribe (join a mastermind, or make a lot of online friends)
2. Create a podcast: High quality sound, and catchy artwork
3. Upon launch, get your tribe to rate and review the show to rank it high in iTunes
4. Rate and review other podcaster’s shows, asking for reciprocation throughout the 8 weeks in N & N in iTunes
5. After the 8 weeks, you’ll likely lose a lot of listeners, then you’ll even out
6. If you continue losing listeners, there’s something about your show that isn’t appealing. Survey your audience – what do they want?
7. If you continue losing listeners, it may just be niching your listeners. In other words, you have a very niche show and have found the maximum amount of people that you’ll find (besides organic, but likely slow growth).
8. At the end of 9 months, if your show is still losing steam, it may be time to find another topic, and start over at step 2.
9. Forget everything I just said if you are passionate about what you talk about. If this is a creative outlet for you, then the number of listeners, although few, is not your drive. Creative Expression is your drive. If however it’s important to you to build an audience, then give where ever you can. Get on message boards, give your input. Join social groups, give your input. Give where ever you can. Just make sure your signature has the name of your show. It may be a slow growth cycle, but you’ll build a loyal following that will hang on to every word you say.
It’s that easy! 😉